21 Apr SAFE WORK AUSTRALIA | COVID19 Resource Kit
There is so much content available about an organisation’s health and safety obligations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our best advice? See what the regulatory offices have to say.
According to Safe Work Autralia, to keep workers safe and limit the spread of COVID-19, every employer should do the following, at a minimum, at their workplace:
- allow workers to work from home, where possible
- ensure physical distancing by keeping a distance of at least 1.5 metres between people
- encourage all workers to frequently wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or by using an alcohol-based hand sanitiser and to practise good hygiene
- be aware of how to spot COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath) and make sure workers do not come to work if they are unwell
- make sure your workplace is regularly cleaned and disinfected
- have signs and posters around the workplace to remind workers and others of the risks of COVID-19 and the measures that are necessary to stop its spread.
Safe Work Australia has developed an extensive range of resources and checklists available for businesses to download (including checklists, infographics, factsheets and posters).
Take a look through the link below: